- Postal Coding Points – full postal code modeling
♦ Represents the center point of the most current (full) postal code within the highly accurate context of the HERE Map.
- HERE Postal Code Points (formerly known as NAVTEQ ZIP+4 Centroids) enables the user to find destinations by postal code only, without using the street address. They can also be used for geocoding support, territory generation and geo-marketing applications.
- UNITED STATES: While technically a ZIP+4 is a linear delivery (walking) segment, this file represents the ZIP+4 as a point. ZIP+4 codes use the basic 5-digit ZIP Code plus four additional digits to identify a geographic segment within the 5-digit area, such as a city block face, an apartment building, an individual high-volume receiver of mail or any other unit that could use an extra identifier to aid in efficient mail sorting and delivery. The ZIP+4 Centroids file is based on current data from the US Postal Service, the US Census Bureau and HERE NAVSTREETS Map Content database.
- CANADA: The last three characters of the Canadian postal are known as LDU’s or local delivery units. Similar to a US ZIP+4, LDU’s represents a single address or a range of addresses, and are represented spatially as points. LDU’s are NOT included with the FSA file.
- WORLDWIDE: Postal Code Points represent the center point of the most current (full) postal code within the highly accurate context of HERE Map Content.
♦ Enables the users to find destinations by postal code only, without using the street address. Additional resource for fall back geo-coding support, territory generation and geo-marketing applications.
♦ Data is aligned to the HERE map, and includes features such as the Postal Code type – P.O. Box, Large Organizations, etc.
♦ Polygon alignment is to existing NAVTEQ map topology
♦ Coverage and Format:
- US Zip + 4 s in all 50 states, District of Columbia, US Virgin Islands, and Puerto Rico
- Canadian 6-character (FSA-LDU) full postal code
- Brazil 8 digit
- Mexico points are found only in the postal boundary product as Mexico does not have a +4 or +3 zip
- Available in ESRI Shapefile, FileGeoDatabase (FGDB), and MapInfo TAB file
To learn more about the extensive portfolio of map products available at HERE.MappingResources.com contact us today or call 1.888.848.4436.